Summer is flying by. Our trip to SLA’s annual conference in Seattle is more than a month in the past (If you are an SLA member and haven’t yet requested your free copy of VIP Magazine’s SLA Special Report, please do so). We’re even starting to plan for Online Information in December in London.
Summer can be a great time to catch up on professional reading, explore new resources, or get training in new skills. FreePint Events offers a one-stop shop to find the right workshop to flesh out your CV. Or if you don’t have time or budget to leave your desk, consider FUMSI Reports and Tool Kits as a way to guide you through unfamiliar territory in risk management, information auditing, social media tools and more.
What kind of resources would help you succeed? Let us know - email me directly, or provide your suggestions through our suggestion box.
General Manager, Free Pint Limited
"I have used the FreePint Bar several times, and have been surprised at the speed and quality of the responses. Not every question has an answer, but as information-sharing on the web goes, FreePint is, and will remain, my first port of call for research issues! Thanks"
Share your testimonial. And if you find FreePint useful, please forward it to a friend.
Do your colleagues need assistance with finding, using, managing or sharing information? FUMSI resources can help. Get a FUMSI subscription, and reuse articles and the FUMSI Magazine and FUMSI Folios to upgrade information skills throughout your organisation at a reduced cost.
New from FUMSI:
- FUMSI Tools: Concise PDF worksheets to support a range of information projects. Know Your Organisation, Insource-Outsource Dilemma, and Defining Objectives now available – free to FUMSI subscribers, or purchase individually.
- Social Media Tools Report and Tool Kit: Author Patrice Curtis provides insight on how organisations can use social media tools for business goals; develop a business case, build a project team, select tools and measure results with this report and tool kit.
- Research Resources Series: Every geographic region is a bit different, in terms of resources available, data regulations, costs and business norms. Get a head start on your work in a new region with the Regional Research Series. Now available: European Union, Middle East & North Africa, and Asia-Pacific. Purchase the entire series or individual reports.
Don't Make Decisions Without Getting VIP's View
If you purchase or advise on purchases for information products and services, VIP's in-depth, unbiased reviews support your decisions and budget choices. Request a trial subscription or sample issue or purchase a back-issue from the archive to explore a specific product of interest.
- Exclusive to VIP: interview with Clare Hart. Wondering where Dow Jones/Factiva is heading? Our reporter got some answers for the June 2008 issue. Coming in September: exclusive interview with Josh Bottomley of LexisNexis.
- Latest issue: July’s VIP features in-depth reviews of BBC Monitoring Online and EIU WorldData.
- Trial subscriptions available - £70 for 3 months; share VIP freely with everyone in your organisation during the trial period. Learn more and order »
No, it's not your imagination: It's difficult to find quality information professionals. Fill out your team by recruiting on Jinfo.
- Promote Your Vacancies:
Combine banners on FreePint and Jinfo with your job listing for even better results. Packages start at £400 for a combination of Jinfo listing and banners. Contact email@example.com for information.
- Establish Your Brand:
The Jinfo Special Recruiting Account keeps your company in front of potential candidates with logo, company information, and a call for candidates in the database. Add additional jobs at a discount. Learn more about the Special Recruiting Account »
DocuTicker has recently been mentioned by The New York Times and was named Business Web Site of the Week by The Hill Library Blog. Get the benefit of our editorial team's obsession with free PDF reports available online.
- Coming this autumn:
DocuTicker's Grey Guide, a new HTML publication providing a guide to the collection. If you're not yet on DocuTicker's free mailing list, sign up now to receive the Grey Guide on publication.
- Also coming this autumn:
Readers have asked for it, and now we can deliver! We've hired a new DocuTicker editor to focus specifically on collecting resources in the UK and Europe! Fans of Adrian Janes' work can look forward to his contributions starting in September.
ResourceShelf continues to grow, thanks in large part to readers who spread the word. Subscribe today and receive the free weekly newsletter, plus the periodic Searcher's Guide.
- The latest Searcher's Guide has been published, featuring our legal collection, social media items, people search and glossaries.
- Congratulations to ResourceShelf founder Gary Price, for his President's Citation from SLA.
The global community for information professionals – FreePint publishes a range of resources to support business research.
- How FreePint Can Help: If you have trouble figuring out how you can get the most out of FreePint resources, check out newly created web pages explaining ‘How can FreePint help?’.
- Have a puzzling question? Need a different perspective on a project? Post your tricky questions to the FreePint Bar, and get answers from around the world.
- Always get the most updated information on what's happening throughout Free Pint Limited with a free subscription to the FreePint Newsletter, published twice a month.
FreePint publishes a collection of resources to help information workers be more effective, raise the value of information in their organisations and contribute to success.
To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your subscriptions or password, visit <http://www.freepint.com/subs/> or forward this email to <firstname.lastname@example.org>. For details about contributing or sponsorship please visit the Web site at <http://www.onopoly.com/sponsor/>.
FreePint is published by Free Pint Limited
Free Pint Limited is registered in England and Wales.
Registered Number: 3754418. Registered Office: Delaport
Coach House, Lamer Lane, Wheathampstead, Herts, AL4 8RQ