FUMSI Magazine: 33
Thursday, 9th September 2010
- FIND: Clustering search engines are designed to display and organise search results in logical groups or 'clusters' based on similar traits, which allow the user to select the most relevant groups of search results and quickly home in on specific documents or web pages. Eight clustering search engines are reviewed.
- USE: These days lots of conversations are taking place on Twitter and there are a number of Twitter alert services you can use, including TweetBeep and Twilert, to find out what people are saying about you, if not actually - and this is the important part - to you. Edinburgh City Libraries have used alerts to answer enquiries, address complaints and find audiences.
- MANAGE: Twitter started as method of exchanging 'inconsequential' information between individuals but is increasingly being seen as significant communication and marketing tool for organisations, so much so that they should be considering a preservation strategy for their tweets. Marieke Guy looks at why tweets should be preserved and what tools are available.
- SHARE: It is the seemingly small problems that can irritate us the most and take up a disproportionate amount of time to fix, like not being able to open a file because you have the wrong version of the software, or not being able to send a large file by email because of size restrictions. So these tips from Martin Belam will help to calm those frustrations.
Sample and detailed contents
Access to this item, and all FreePint articles and reports, is a benefit of a FreePint Subscription.
Does your organisation have a FreePint Subscription?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please login here so that we can check
your access to this item:
If this item has been shared with you by someone, we will ask you to quickly set up a free login account for FreePint, before returning you to this page to show you the item.
Find out how a FreePint Subscription can help your organisation:
- Save time and money
- Re-invent information services
- Define, measure and communicate information value
... through access to all our articles, reports, webinars, communities of practice and consulting.
Learn more and subscribe »
Contact us with your questions or to check if someone in your organisation already has a subscription. Use the 'Text Chat' button at the bottom-right of this page for immediate assistance.
These articles are included in this Report:
Plus: This list is updated automatically when articles are published that are part of this item, and added to your online account if you purchase this item.